Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice, Fourth Edition
Are you an instructor?
Do you need instructor materials? Request an access code
For students who purchased the e-book version, please e-mail AHIMA Press at Publications@AHIMA.org
to request resource codes to the online materials. The code(s) will be sent via email within 48 hours of the request.
Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice
is the most widely used textbook in health information management baccalaureate programs in the country. This fourth edition has been expanded and updated to include information on emerging issues such as governance and stewardship, data quality, capture, and maintenance, Health Information Exchange and the Nationwide Health Information Network, electronic health records, revenue cycle management, and compliance and risk management.
Extensive instructor resource materials such as lesson plans, chapter outlines, exercises, activities, classroom slides, and test banks are available. This book provides a complete health information management learning system.Key Features
- Organized to reflect current AHIMA curriculum map for AHIMA and Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) accredited programs
- Foundation text for RHIA certification study
- Written by HIM educators and industry experts
- Check Your Understanding self-quizzes throughout each chapter ensure students build a framework for HIM principles
- Student exercises, including case studies and questions, application exercises, review quizzes, and web resources are now online
- Extensive HIM glossary