Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach, Fourth Edition
Are you an instructor?
Do you need instructor materials? Request an access code
For students who purchased the e-book version, please e-mail AHIMA Press at Publications@AHIMA.org
to request resource codes to the online materials. The code(s) will be sent via email within 48 hours of the request.
Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach
creates a blueprint for success in the field, with particular emphasis on the movement toward the electronic health record (EHR). This fourth edition of the most widely used health information management technology textbook in the United States is updated to include current health information content and practices.
Written by distinguished leaders in the field, Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach
guides students through two-year academic programs in preparation for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and beyond. The material is targeted for associate-degree students in easy-to-understand language and uses approachable examples and scenarios.New to This Edition
- Chapter on the future directions of the HIM profession
- Expansion of information security coverage
- Updates on privacy based on federal regulations
- Appendix on Ethical Standards for Clinical Documentation Improvement
- New interior design incorporates two-color layout
- Highlights the financing and delivery of health services in the United States
- Thorough explanation of information security program development and implementation
- Real-world case studies
- Extensive glossary
- Prepares students for the RHIT certification exam
- Aligns with the AHIMA Model Curriculum for Associate Degree Programs
- Student workbook
- Instructor materials
- RHIT Exam Competency Mapping Tool